I had a lot of plans for the last birthday year; some came to fruition, others not so much. I’m not going to lie, the exiting birthday year was tough. Lots of deaths, surgery, finding out that my mass was not a cyst but a tumor, and ending with unemployment. So I got lots of practice putting my proverbial “money where my mouth is.” LOLOL!
Despite the last year’s hardships, I’m grateful for love (from family and friends — in real life and online), I’m grateful for relatively good health, I’m grateful for opportunities to continue to grow, and I’m grateful for God’s continued love and provision. I’m looking for a new wind, but until that comes, there’s still much to be grateful for.
As I look forward to a new year, this quote found at Tracey’s embodies who I want to be despite life’s challenging moments:
Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard.
Do not let the pain make you hate.
Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness.
Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.
~ Kurt Vonnegut
I honestly can’t think of a better way to start this new year of life. Cheers! :D
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”
~ Anne Shirley (Anne of Green Gables)
Have a wonderful week! :D
- I’m feeling: dare I say … happy!
- I’m thinking of / wondering why: what I need to do tomorrow since I’ll be the only one in the office.
- I’m looking forward to: finishing my final week at “the job”.
- I’m learning to/practicing to/working on/embracing: go with the flow while trusting that God has my best interest at heart.
- I’m enjoying: Fall, long walks, cooking Fall foods, crafting every spare moment I get and purging my home.
- I’m creating/planning to create: a blanket for Julian (finally), natural dye baths, and good wholesome foods in my kitchen.
- I’m grateful for: Tonya at Aetna Medical. She made a situation that could have been super detrimental for me so very smooth. Thank you Tonya! Money to purchase a Bosworth spindle from one of the teams I take care of at work. They wanted me to have a gift I’d keep forever and they’re fascinated that I use — according to them — a stick and fluffy stuff to make yarn. A great week with my two work loves. Nikki’s going on vacation tomorrow so it’s just Attah and me this week coming up. A recommendation from a past employee to her HR Director, now the lady wants to meet me. Yay for good recommendations. A call from my cousin R just to check in to see how I’ve been. Yarn delivery!!! Oh yeah!!! :D
- Around the house are: clean rooms and happy spaces.
In my kitchen: pumpkin soup with veggies & herbs from my garden — okras, peppers and thyme and pumpkin spiced cinnamon buns.
- I’m planning later in the coming week to: finally finish my Stitches East homework. get ready for my Stitches East trip. Get a mani/pedi. Work on some of my craft projects for Andi’s KAL. And last but not least, work on my new blog. I’ve decided to take my planting/gardening adventures to another level and thought I should really give my plant babies a blog of their own. Fingers crossed keeping them alive during the winter. :D
- I’m wishing you: the very best of Sundays and a wonderful week ahead. <3