I visit alot of blogs where the F.O.s, even the W.I.Ps, are photographed beautifully. There’s no talk of the agitation with some of these projects, you just get the awesome result. Since this blog is really my electronic version of “Dear Diary” I’m going to start posting about every blooper associated with projects, be it yarny or not, simple or intricate. Hopefully, they’ll accurately reflect the entirety of my crafty journey and maybe encourage newbie crafters to keep trying no matter what.
So … first up … my third blanket square for this project. I kinda had an idea in my head of what it was supposed to look like. In my head, it was beautiful! I think it still can be. I finished it last night and behold:
First I missed part of a row (Downton Abbey I blame you!!! ), but I also realised after I was done that the fabric produced became less stretchy the larger the square became. I’m still in love with the texture but from the pic above the square moved from 10 inches across to 8 inches. Although I tried to stretch it out, tried to kill the acrylic through blocking, it was not happening. Whomp, whomp!
That said, I love the texture so much,
I’m going to recalculate the number of stitches I need and from this stitch with either moss stitch or garter stitch. That means, I have to become … dun, dun, dun … a swatcher! In the meantime, I’m going to work on something else.